- A picture will be screened based on which the participants have to interpret and illustrate in the form of a story/ narrative/ incident/ etc.
- This contest is in three languages: Kannada, Hindi and English.
- Time duration is one hour.
- One participant can participate for each language.
- The debate is in two languages: Kannada & English.
- It’s a team event with each team comprising of two members. And one team can participate for each language.
- The debate runs into three rounds as follows (Each team will get two minutes in each round and 6 minutes in total):
- I Round: Viewpoint – Explaining the statement & views (2 min.)
- II Round: Rebuttal – Confronting/ disproving the opponent’s viewpoint (2 min.)
- III Round: Conclusion – Justifying/ defending the views expressed (2 min.)
(A warning bell will be rung after 1 minute.)
- Debate will be of 2 levels. First the Preliminary on Day 1 and four teams (subject to the no. of participants) from here will be selected for the Finals on Day 2.
- The topics (one topic and also whether the team should speak ‘for’ or ‘against’ will be decided by a draw of lots soon after the inaugural ceremony) for the Preliminary Rounds are as follows:
- Kan: ಏಕನೀತಿ ಶಿಕ್ಷಣ ಸರಿಯೇ?
- Eng: Demonetization of currency can curb corruption.
- Kan: ಜಾಗತೀಕರಣ ದೇಶಿಯ ಸಂಸ್ಕೃತಿಯನ್ನು ಹಾಳುಮಾಡುತ್ತಿದಿಯೇ ?
- Eng: Men and Women are equal.
- Kan: ಆಧುನಿಕ ತಂತ್ರಜ್ನ್ಯಾನ ಬಳಿಕೆ ಭಾಷಶಾಸ್ತ್ರವನ್ನು ಅಧ್ಹಪತನಕ್ಕೆ ತಳ್ಳಿದೆಯೇ ?
- Eng: Human values are more important than human intelligence.
- Kan: ಯುವಜನತೆಯ ಮಾನಸಿಕ ಸ್ಥಿತಿ ದುರ್ಬಲವೇ ?
- Eng: Emotion is the enemy of Indians.
- Kan: ಕೃಷಿ ಅಭಿವೃದ್ಧಿ ದೇಶದ ಆರ್ಥಿಕತೆಯನ್ನು ಹೆಚ್ಚಿಸುತ್ತದೆಯೇ ?
- Eng: Success makes people less human.
- The topic for the final will be given after the Preliminary selection on Day 1.
- The four top teams speaking for and against the topic chosen by draw of lots will qualify for the finals. Final debate will be held on Day 2 with two teams for the topic and two teams against the topic.
- A demo debate will be presented soon after the Inaugural Ceremony.
- Kannada : ಭ್ರಷ್ಟಾಚಾರದ ನಿರ್ಮೂಲನ .
- Hindi : मीडिया दवारा वाक् स्वातंत्रता का उपयोग I
- English : Are multivitamin pills really as good as eating a balanced diet?
- Time duration is 4 minutes. After 3 minutes the warning bell will be rung and the final bell will be rung at 4 minutes.
Vocabulary Contest (English)
- Two participants can partake in this contest as a team. Both the participants will get a word each, which has to be answered individually taking no help from the other teammate.
- A list of 150 words is enclosed. The Preliminary Round will be based on the list of these 150 words.
- If the winner is not decided in these rounds with 150 words, then new words from outside the list will be asked to get a winner.
- Each time, the participant gets the word; the given word should be spelt, pronounced, defined (its meaning) and framed in the sentence correctly.
- For ex. If the participant gets the word FEST
- First step: pronounce it correctly i.e say it /fest/
- Second step: spell the word by letter and re-pronounce it.
- Third step: define (its meaning): a gathering for a specified reason or occasion.
- Fourth step: frame a sentence with the word: We will definitely participate in this fest.
- In the First Round, one mistake is excused and thereafter, any mistake/inability in following the four steps will end in elimination of the participant. The process/ rounds will go on till the winner emerges.
- In case of a tie-breaker between/among the finalists, then the finalist will challenge the opponent/s with their own words.
- When one of the finalists gives a word to the opponent, the finalist should know the word as the rules of the event demands. In case the opponent doesn’t answer it correctly, the one who has given the word should be able to answer or else, it stands nullified.
At any stage/round, candidates can use the word in any of its grammatical form like adj., verb, noun etc.
- Topic for Painting : Seascape
- Only water colours should be used for painting brought by the participant. Use of sketch-pen or any other materials is not allowed.
- Only one participant is allowed. The participants should bring colours and drawing-related materials such as brush, palette, drawing board, etc.
- Topic for Collage : Save the girl child.
- Two participants as a team are allowed for collage. Colour pens may be used.
- Sheets and newspapers/waste papers will be provided by the organizers.
- Topic for Rangoli :Indian festival
- Two participants as a team are allowed for Rangoli.
- Participants should bring the required materials.
- Time duration for Solo as well as Group is 5 to 7 minutes.
- Light Classical (Bhavageete) is for Solo singing and Patriotic Songs is for Group singing.
- Information about the song (regarding title of the song/raga/lyrics/singer) should be submitted in writing to the organizing-volunteers before the event begins.
- In Group Singing the minimum no. of participants is 4 and maximum is 6.
- Time duration for Solo (Classical) and Group (Folk & Choreography) is 5 to 7 minutes.
- In Group Dance the minimum no. of participants is 5 and maximum is 7.
- Group Dance: A minimum of two props should be used in Folk Dance.
- Group Dance: Choreography round is theme-based. The theme and the details of the song should be submitted in writing to the organizing-volunteers before the event begins.
The CDs/pen-drive/recorded music must be submitted to the technical team at least 30 minutes before the performance and the same should be confirmed that it’s playing correctly. The organizing-volunteers cannot be blamed for technical snags.
- Any updates will be informed on confirmation of your participation. In case of any queries regarding the events or the form of the event, you can get it clarified at any of the following numbers:
Umair Syed: 8792762735 or
Spoorthi Nandyal : 8277256463
- In case your call is not attended, please drop a message and our representatives will get back to you at the earliest.
Sharnbasveshwar Resi. Comp. PU College,
Gulbarga 585 103